Dao Yin Lun Shen is an ancient yoga practice that is focused on cultivating energy, increasing the flow of energy and clearing any blockages that cause stagnation. These techniques have been practiced for centuries in China and integrate Hatha, Kundalini and Vinyasa styles of yoga as well as Qigong principles. This practice also helps to strengthen and stretch the body while improving balance.
About the instructor: Melissa Campbell has been teaching Daoist Yoga and Qigong for 12 years and Hula Hoop for 5 years. She is passionate about advancing other's levels of health including energetic, mental, emotional and physical.
Here are some of my principles for instruction:
My methodology for true wellness:
• Highly effective
My technique is similar to that zoomy sound that parents make when they feed children vegetables, gaining all the benefits in an enjoyable, entertaining approach.
My Wellness Toolbelt:
• Reduce stress
• Balance the emotions
• Clear the mind
• Genuinely smile
• Gain body awareness
• Build life energy
• Clear blockages
• Shape the body
• Stimulate digestion
I focus on all of the areas of wellness by addressing the physical benefits as well as the mental, emotional and energetic parts of a healthy person.
• Lifelong passion for helping others
• Ability to understand different personalities and learning styles
• Efficient, clear and concise communication skills
• Easily relates to others
• Comfortable open attitude
• Solution oriented with step by step goal setting
• 12 years as Daoist Yoga Instructor
• 12 years as QiGong Guide
• FXP Hula Hoop Certified Teacher
• Group Fitness Instructor certified by American Counsel of Exercise
• Dale Carnegie Course and Leadership Certifications
• Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership Certification
• Entrepreneurship in the Arts Certification
• Dual degree in Psychology and Fine Art from the University at Buffalo
I owned and operated an art gallery and venue for 8 years, hosting concerts, plays, art exhibitions and special events featuring thousands of local and traveling artists, musicians and performers. I know how to host a good time!
Lets come full circle with the hoop!